Friday, January 13, 2012

Introduction


Facing History and Ourselves is a course taught by Mr. Gallagher at WHS. This course runs for semester long period of time. I personally am very pleased with the course I believe that Mr. Gallagher does a phenomenal job showing the WHS students past events and really going into detail with them unlike any of the history courses do. Such as for the Holocaust the history book we are given believes that it can cover all of the holocaust with 6 measly pages, which is impossible. I took this course because it was recommended for me by one of my friends last year and I thought it would be very interesting to see what it had to offer. I believe that after taking this course students learn how to respect others in a different manner than the normal person would. I Believe that it should be allowed to be taken not only by seniors and juniors but by all of WHS because this is one of the most important classes someone could ever take in their high school years. Some of the topics covered by this course are Jim Crow Laws, Holocaust, Nazi Germany, Discrimination in the United States and other countries. I feel as though these sorts of topics are slowly disappearing from existence, which is why I believe that this course should be taken by students because it keeps them alive and it's a really life altering course to take.  

No comments:

Post a Comment